3rd Workshop in Romandie - Science on Stage Switzerland
Science on Stage Switzerland organized a meeting on Friday 11 November 2022 with the Chimiscope of the University of Geneva.
The aim of the day was to present the experiments of Adrian Allan, representative of Science on Stage UK and participant in the European festival.
Adrian is a chemistry teacher at Dornoch Academy in Scotland. He will be showing some of the projects he has set up in his classes to motivate and inspire his pupils. He uses chemistry and magic tricks to help his secondary school students understand basic scientific principles.
The participants of this day have also visited a part of the Scienscope of the University of Geneva (Infoscope, Mathscope, Bioscope, Physiscope et Chimiscope).
Description of the workshop: Spectacular science demonstrations and magic illusions have many things in common. They involve practice, showmanship, audience interaction and suspense followed by a moment of astonishment. This workshop will show an exciting selection of magic "tricks" which are in fact demonstrations of hidden science. Use them as introductions to topics or simply as puzzles for students to solve. These demonstrations can be used by teachers but have also been taught to students who have in turns demonstrated these illusions to other students and parents.
Workshops Science on Stage Switzerland
- Atelier Science on Stage Switzerland – Graasp Climate
- Biovalley Life Science Symposium 2023
- 3rd Workshop in Romandie - Science on Stage Switzerland
- Live from Prague
- Webinar: Science on Stage Switzerland 2021
- Webinar: Science On Stage: Teile Deine Unterrichtsprojekte mit Lehrpersonen aus ganz Europa
- Im Badezimmer von Lilus Haus: Sprachförderung mit Experimenten
- Programmieren mit Calliope
- Life Sciences Symposium 2019
- Workshop: Big Data im Sportbereich verarbeiten
- Festival Science on Stage Debrecen: Erfahrungen von Schweizer Delegierten
- Life Science Symposium des BioValley College Networks 2018
- Workshop Science on Stage Switzerland 2017
- Life Science Symposium des BioValley College Networks 2017
- Workshop Science on Stage Switzerland 2016